Build a Library at Home
The home library building component of the Cleveland Schools Book Fund focuses on supporting and growing readers by providing copies of children’s literature that can be kept and read at home. PLEASE NOTE: Not all titles in the classroom collection of the Cleveland Schools Book Fund are available in a paperback version. Teachers are encouraged to check the website for the most recent paperback availability prior to having students complete and submit book reports.
Steps in the Process
- Teachers read titles from the Cleveland Schools Book Fund collection with the student or class. Teachers may also choose to use the read-aloud videos on the Cleveland Schools Book Fund website as well.
- Families may choose to enjoy the read-aloud videos also.
- The teacher selects a book report format for the student to complete. The form and expectations for the book report are established by the classroom teacher.
- Once completed, the book report is submitted to the Cleveland Schools Book Fund website. Book reports must be submitted by the classroom teacher.
- A paperback version of the book is delivered to the school and the teacher will send it home with the student.